Monday, April 21, 2008

The Procedure

Last week I had a small "procedure" done to remove something on my body that I didn't need. I won't go into great detail because what was removed is not important. The fact that I needed to have something removed that I didn't need got me thinking about all the things in my life that I don't need that should be removed. I could list a number of things that need to be removed in my life, but I'll keep my list brief. First, discontentment takes up a lot of my time. If only we could build our house now, I could . . . Or, if only my children (or husband) would . . ., I would be happy. How much time, and sometimes money, I've wasted because of my discontentment. Wouldn't life be simpler if I just let God take care of my needs instead of wasting my time trying to fill the empty spots in my life? How about bitterness? So many times I let events that have happened in the past pop back into my mind where they are replayed so many times that I become bitter over the way circumstances turned out. Again, wouldn't life be simpler if I let God take care of the hurt feelings and teach me how to forgive? Finally, there is the unconfident nature. I don't know about you, but sometimes I feel that I can't do anything right. Some days I feel that all I've done is for nothing, and that I am the biggest failure in the world. God doesn't want us to live like that. He teaches that we can boldly approach the throne of grace. He also teaches that we are not to be afraid. He is our deliverer and will be with us wherever we go. How about you? Do you have things in your life that need to be removed? May I suggest that we go to the Great Physician and ask Him to perform a "procedure" on us so that He can remove all of the unnecessary things in our lives?

No comments:

Blog Archive