Tuesday, January 6, 2009

What's Your Story?

For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through the endurance taught in the Scriptures and the encouragement they provide we might have hope. Romans 15:4 TNIV
2009 is here, so what are you going to do? Are you going to spend your time spinning your wheels trying to get more accomplished in less time? Or, are you going to allow God to direct your path and show you what He wants you to do? The new year always brings an opportunity to "start over" and begin anew. There are so many things I would like to accomplish this year, but I know that not all of those things are what God wants me to do. My number one priority this year is to spend more time in His Word learning all I can about Him so that I will recognize when He is talking to me and showing me His will.
God was so gracious last year in opening many significant doors of opporunity for me. Looking back, I realize that I would never be able to guess all that He was going to do in my life last year. So, that makes me all the more excited about 2009. As I glance at the calendar for this year, I have no idea what God has in store for me. All I know is that there will be some good and some not so good. But, whatever He chooses for me, I have the confident hope that He will work things according to His purpose.
We read in Romans that we have stories in the Bible to show us that we have hope no matter what we go through. When your story is told this year, will your life reflect that hope? Remember that future generations will be looking back to see what we did with our lives and how we handled whatever came our way. What's your story going to be?

No comments:

Blog Archive