Thursday, September 25, 2008

Peacemakers

Blessed are the peacemakers, For they shall be called sons of God.
Matthew 5:9
I did something totally out of character for me today. Normally, I do my best to avoid conflict. I would rather be a peacemaker than get caught up in the drama of life. Somehow pent up frustrations got the best of me and I emailed someone thoughts I had that we probably should have talked through. I've discovered that email is not a great way to communicate because it is hard to discern the tone the writer is using. I tried to make it clear that my tone was not angry or condemning, but I'm sure that didn't lessen the bite of the words that followed. God calls us to be peacemakers. I was not a peacemaker in my email today. Although the things I had to say were valid in my opinion, I probably should have chosen a more peaceful way to say them.
I don't know what the outcome will be from this email. Hopefully not a damaged relationship, but then you never know what the other person is going through when they hear your not so peaceful words. I pray that God will show me how to be a peacemaker every day of my life. I don't know about you, but I want to be known as a son (daughter) of God.

No comments:

Blog Archive