Friday, September 11, 2009

Purpose

I’ve been reading a lot on the topic of finding your purpose in life. I firmly believe that God created us all with specific purposes in mind. Sometimes I get caught up in the “hunt” for that ONE thing God has put me on earth to accomplish. Recently, I’ve been reminded that the process to getting to do something big for God is as important as the task itself.


For example, I know without a doubt that God has called me to be a stay-at-home mom (SAHM). And, I’ve been doing that for almost 10 years now. Right now, I am working part time outside of the home, but it is only for a short season. While I’m going about my duties as a SAHM, I tend to look at other women’s lives thinking that they are fulfilling their purpose in life while I’m doing laundry and cooking dinner. God has shown me this week that these things that I’m doing that seem so insignificant are exactly what He wants me to do RIGHT NOW.


No matter how many times I have tried to work outside of the home since having kids, I’ve never felt fulfilled or satisfied with those jobs. And most of those jobs are ministry related. God has shown me time and time again that my place is at home taking care of my family and providing a comfortable and safe place to come to at the end of the day. I know He is preparing me for other assignments, but for right now He has called me to be right where I am serving Him wholeheartedly with joy.


You may feel you are stuck in a place where there is no hope for something better. Take a look around where God has placed you. Can you see that He has called you to serve in that place? Are you so busy looking ahead that you miss the special moments of today?

No comments:

Blog Archive